Event Programming & Facilitation
Planning Events in Albury
Albury's reputation as a quality event host and venue provider extends from major regional, state and national sporting, music and cultural events, to boutique and community activities. Event hosts and organisers across the board rate AlburyCity's event support services as second to none.
Located on the New South Wales and Victorian border, Albury is well situated for access from all areas of New South Wales, ACT, Victoria, South Australia and everywhere in between. The city is the first choice for many national regional conferences for this very reason.
It's a breeze to get around - Albury's compact CBD has everything a successful event needs within a few minutes walk, from riverside parks, theaters and museums to accommodation and a buzzing retail, entertainment and cafe precinct - all located within 5km from Albury Airport.
Holding a Public Event?
Well managed community-based events are an important part of our cultural calendar. They promote community pride and spirit, bring people together in an atmosphere of fun, and attract visitors to the region.
AlburyCity's dedicated Events Team can provide facilitation, guidance and support, throughout the planning and preparation process and the Team works in collaboration with organisers to ensure events are conducted successfully and safely, with a minimum of red tape.
Council supports corporate groups, community groups and individuals plan events, by providing information, advice and access to a range of resources and services, including:
- Information on how to book a park or reserve including QEII Square, Noreuil Park, Hovell Tree Park, Australia Park, Oddies Park, Mungabareena and Table Top Reserve.
- Event guidance to host your own activities, including assistance with temporary road closures, council approvals, risk plans, food safety and waste management.
- Recommendations on key suppliers and service provider
- Introductions to local agencies and community organisations
- Permits for outdoor activities, street decorations or Dean Street banner bookings.
- Pre and post touring itineraries
- Promotional collateral
- Staffing for events
- Bid preparation for hosts
- Support with either cash, or in-kind event support through grants and sponsorships such as Community and Cultural grants, Sports and Recreational grants and Events sponsorship.
- Free event listing on
Our team is made up of three passionate and motivated individuals with a diverse range of skills and expertise in the event industry.
Our focus is to deliver high quality events for our community as well as providing opportunities, advice and support to external event organisers to activate Albury's beautiful open spaces.
If you would like to hold an event in a park or open space within Albury, please complete our online Event Permit Application form and a member of the our Events Team will contact you.