Lavington Sports Ground Redevelopment
This major redevelopment will transform the Lavington Sports ground into one of regional Australia's premier sporting facilities, capable of hosting local, regional, state and national carnivals, community sport and other events.
The redevelopment is starting to take shape with the on-going development of the new sportsfield to the east of the main oval, whilst detailed plans are being finalised prior to the construction for the new amenities building and grandstand extension and upgrades will go to tender later in 2018.
In December 2015 Council was successful in securing $4.025M under the Federal Government’s National Stronger Region Fund for the redevelopment project. Together with Council's $3.5M funding, $250,000 from the AFL and commitments from the Lavington Panthers Football/Netball and Cricket clubs.
In total, internal and external funding of over $10M has been secured to complete Stages 1 and 2 which are in-line with the Council endorsed master plan for the facility.
The redevelopment includes a major upgrade of the existing facility and the addition of new playing fields and an amenities building to the east. Specifically, Stage 1 and 2 works include:
- Multipurpose playing fields catering for AFL, Cricket, Soccer and Rugby codes
- Full irrigation and drainage and high quality playing surface
- Lighting to 150-200 lux
- 1.8m perimeter fence
- Four synthetic practice cricket wickets and store facility
- Centre turf cricket wicket and practice turf wicket tables
- Teams benches and associated amenity
- Centaur Road angle carparking and sealed asphalt carpark
- Ground keeper facilities and storage
- Single story amenities building with wide overhang on all sides, with multiple changerooms, amenities, kiosk, first aid room, administration and storage facilities
- Refurbishment of existing change rooms, umpires rooms and amenities
- New change rooms to meet AFL standards on the ground floor
- Additional amenities and first aid facilities
- 150 seat function room and kitchen overlooking the main oval
- Additional seating and disability accessible seating in the grandstand
- Additional covered seating for 300
- Media, coach, timekeepers facilities and camera deck
The existing ground
- Upgrades to entry of Hanna Street including carparking for 30 vehicles / broadcast vehicles
- Power upgrade including underground powerlines
AlburyCity has recently submitted an application, seeking $3.153M through the NSW Regional Sports Infrastructure Program to complete the redevelopment (stage 3) with works including:
- Additional grandstand seating and amenities
- Corporate and administration facilities
- New ticket box facilities
- Terraced seating and access pathways
- Shade and seating
- Car parking and landscaping
- Improved disability access and event capacity.
Plans and Designs
- Master Plan with Stage 3 Elements
- Grandstand Second Floor
- Grandstand First Floor
- Grandstand Ground Floor
- Grandstand Aerial View