Grow our own Trainee program
AlburyCity’s Grow Our Own Trainee Program is a great success story and something we’re very proud of.
It was launched in 2006 and was designed to proactively to combat regional skills shortages in both vocational (trade) and professional areas. It has gone from strength to strength and now provides numerous opportunities for people to live and learn a trade or profession locally. It also exposes trainees to the dynamic and diverse Local Government industry and provides our region with a qualified, talented and experienced pool of prospective employees ‘grown’ locally.
The program provides various opportunities across AlburyCity to work and study. Maybe you could find yourself one day:
- at the Albury Airport completing a Certificate III in Aviation;
- at the LibraryMuseum studying Library and Information services;
- at one of our depots doing a civil construction, carpentry, plumbing, automotive or electrical apprenticeship;
- working in our Engineering Group completing your Civil Engineering degree;
- doing a horticultural apprenticeship and working in our Botanic Garden or Landscape teams;
- working towards becoming a building surveyor or urban and regional planner;
- studying IT and working in our Information Management team;
- working in our Wagirra team learning about conservation and land management;
- at one of our children’s services venues doing a Certificate IV or Diploma qualification; or
- working at Retro Lane Café and learning about the hospitality industry.
So, keep an eye out on AlburyCity’s jobs page and be prepared . . . we look for very enthusiastic, interested and passionate people who really want to learn and gain a new trade or profession, and most importantly, contribute to our community and region.