Draft Budget 2018-19
The draft budget reflects community wishes as identified through extensive consultation, including council’s Have A Say processes held to gauge residents’ views on projects and developments across the city.
The 2018-19 draft budget includes the one-year operational plan, four-year delivery program and long term financial plan.
- View the Draft Budget Delivery Program and Operational Plan papers
- Read the Media Release for a snapshot of the draft budget and key highlights
- View the Draft Budget public presentation
Key facts and figures
- Proposed 2.3% rate rise is in line with the NSW Government rate peg
- There will be a 1% increase to water charges but no increase to sewerage or kerbside waste collection charges
- For the average residential property this equates to a total rates and charges increase of 1.2%, or 64 cents a week
- Total cash spend of $136M to fund 2600 expenditure items, including $48M for capital works
- Debt levels well below State Government benchmarks – our General Fund Debt Service Ratio of 7% remains well below the Fit for the Future benchmark of 20%
Council has developed a responsible capital works program focusing on maintaining and improving roads, footpaths, water quality and sewer networks as well as continuing the future planning agenda to grow the city and provide quality services and facilities.
- $6.4M for Special Variation to Rates projects
- $10.9M for roads, bridges and footpath projects
- $12.1M for water and sewer projects
- $3.5M to fund Murray River experience projects
- $1.9M to continue improvements at the Albury Waste Management Centre
- $1.8M to continue improvements to Albury Airport
- $1M to begin replacing all city street lights with LED lights
Community Information Sessions
- Tuesday 1 May, 5.00pm - Robert Brown Room, AlburyCity offices, Kiewa St.
- Monday 7 May, 5.30pm - Mirambeena Community Centre, Martha Mews, Lavington
- Thursday 17 May, 11.00am - Robert Brown Room, AlburyCity offices, Kiewa St.
How you can comment on the draft budget
The community has until 5.00pm Friday 25 May, 2018 (28 days) to provide feedback and can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to 553 Kiewa St Albury 2640, addressed to Justin Finlayson, Chief Financial Officer.
Copies of the draft budget papers are also available for viewing at the Customer Service Centre, 553 Kiewa Street, the LibraryMuseum and Lavington Library.