Residential Property Owner
Free Entry Waste Vouchers
The AlburyCity waste voucher system entitles residents located in the council municipality area to 4 (four) visits to the Albury Waste Management Centre each financial year to dispose of general household waste.
How the Voucher System Works
- The Albury Waste Management Centre is located off Mudge Street, Hamilton Valley, and is open Monday to Friday, 7.00am – 5.00pm, Saturday and Sunday, 9.00am – 4.00pm.
- The 4 (four) single entry vouchers for the 2017-18 financial year are printed at the bottom of the council rates page. Please keep them somewhere safe. 2017-2018 vouchers are valid until 31 July 2018.
- The unique barcode and number on each voucher can only be scanned once. The voucher will become void and unusable once scanned. The barcode can only be scanned at the Albury Waste Management Centre. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- To use your voucher, present it at the Albury Waste Management Centre gatehouse to be scanned during operating hours.
- Vouchers will be issued to the owner of residential properties. Each house, townhouse or unit on a strata title will be entitled to vouchers.
Terms and Conditions of Voucher Use
- You are entitled to dispose of one trailer load (approx.) of general household waste each visit.
- One voucher is valid for a maximum weight of 500kgs. Loads over this amount will require additional vouchers.
- All residents utilising the Albury Waste Management Centre are required to separate recyclables from general waste.
- A mattress or base, refrigerator, freezer, or air conditioner requires one voucher per item, or charges will apply. Additional waste disposed of at the same time will require a second voucher or charges will apply.
- Vouchers cannot be used for commercial or industrial waste, tyres, asbestos.
- Selling vouchers is not permitted; these will be made void if detected.
- Lost vouchers can be replaced, phone Council on 02 6023 8111 to arrange a replacement. Any vouchers previously used will be voided and are unable to be used again. Replacement waste vouchers will be issued by Council within 14 days of application.
- AlburyCity retains the right to make the final decision on the volume of waste accepted under the voucher system. If your load exceeds the above allowances, charges will apply.
- Vouchers must be presented at time of disposal or fees and charges will apply
- Vouchers are not redeemable for cash
For more information contact AlburyCity Customer Service on 02 6023 8111 or visit www.alburycity.nsw.gov.au/wastemanagement.