Waste and recycling
Water supply and management
Albury Floodplain Management
Biodiversity and Vegetation Management
Public Health and Safety
- Compliance and Rangers
Breaches and fines
As a pet owner you’re responsible for making sure your pet is registered, healthy and safe and doesn’t become a nuisance to you, your neighbours or the neighbourhood.
Pet ownership laws
We enforce the laws on pet ownership in the Companion Animals Act.
These laws exist to:
- safeguard the wellbeing and safety of pets
- ensure that your pet can be returned to you if it goes missing
- reduce the number of pets being put down
- encourage pet owners to take responsibility for their animals.
Fines for breaching pet ownership regulations
Our rangers can impose fines on owners who break pet ownership laws by, for example:
- not keeping their dog on a leash when in public (except in designated off-leash areas)
- not making sure that their dog is wearing an ID tag with their name and the owner’s contact number on their collar.