The message is simple - if you're drinking, ditch the keys.
AlburyCity is offering a late night bus service for this year's Albury Gold Cup that will drop you at your doorstep across Albury and Wodonga for $5.
The aim is to give you a safe transport alternative and encourages you to leave the car at home during the party season.
Hop on the bus with us and make the Nightrider your Plan B.
- Departing from outside SoHo Tapas Bar, 491 Dean Street, Albury from 10pm til late.
Cost: $5 per person
Planning a full day at the races? Martins Albury are running Albury Gold Cup Event buses from Albury, Lavington and Thurgoona. View the full timetable at Martins Albury
Why take the Nightrider bus home?
Between January 2011 and December 2015, alcohol was a contributing factor in 4.0% of crashes in Albury. Drink driving is a factor in about one in every five crashes in NSW where someone loses their life.
Did you know, in NSW, police have the power to:
- Stop drivers at random to test for alcohol.
- Arrest drivers who have an illegal BAC level.
- Arrest drivers they believe are impaired by drugs including alcohol, and conduct a blood and urine test.
- Require a driver to undergo a sobriety test in certain circumstances.