Older People

Seniors Card

  • The NSW Seniors Card entitles residents aged 60+ to discounts and special offers from a wide range of businesses, along with access to transport concessions.

Age Concern

  • Age Concern provides advice and support on a range of issues of interest to older people. T: 02 6021 5122

Transport for older people

  • Community transport - Community Transport is provided by Kalianna Enterprises, 749 Sackville Street, Albury. T: 02 6021 4832

Activities for older people

  • AlburyCity maintains an up-to-date list of Seniors Activities for an active and healthy lifestyle.
  • Manual Activity Centre (MAC)– Men's Shed & Women's Group - The Manual Activity Centre is important for people who have manual skills and want to keep them up to date. The Women's Group gets together weekly to knit, do needlework, sew or work on other crafts while socialising over a cup of tea. The Men's Shed is equipped for woodwork and metalwork and is also a great place to drop into for a chat and a cuppa. Located in Nowland Avenue (behind the Lavington Swim Centre).
    T: 02 6025 5440.
  • The Aboriginal Men's Shed is designed to run programs specifically for Aboriginal men. Located behind the AWAHS building, 644 Daniel Street Glenroy. T: 02 6040 1200
  • Thurgoona Men's Shed is a place for men to get together to create things, discuss matters and be sociable. Located cnr Corry's Road and Elizabeth Mitchell Drive. T: 0428 432 413

Home Care Services

  • Home Care Services is based at the Gardens Medical Centre, Level 4/470 Wodonga Place, Albury.
    T: 02 6041 7720.
  • The Wiradjuri Branch of Home Care Services is based in Wagga Wagga at Level 3, 76 Morgan Street. T: 02 6937 9640
  • Meals on Wheels - Albury Meals on Wheels is based at the Mercy Health Centre, 500 Poole Street, Albury. T: 02 6041 2004
  • Support to return home from hospital - Before you return home from a hospital stay, the hospital staff (nurses, care coordinators, social workers, occupational therapists and physiotherapists etc.) will work with you to check whether you are eligible for a six-week package of home assistance. If you need ongoing support after this six weeks, the case manager will link you with suitable services. There may be a waiting period.
  • Personal alarms & emergency pendants - There are various types of personal alarms to choose from. Some have a one-off initial purchase cost; others have ongoing payment packages. To find out about the options, a good starting point is the Seniors Information Service T: 13 77 88  TIS: 13 14 50
    Or contact the following providers:
    - Mepacs T: 1800 451 300
    - CareAlert T: 1300 75 85 95
    - Carecall T: 1300 130 100
  • Red Cross Telecross - Telecross is a service that provides elderly and housebound people with a reassuring daily phone call to ensure that they are safe and well. T: 1300 885 698

Aged accommodation and carer respite

  • If you need some help at home or are considering moving into an aged care home, you may first need a free assessment by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).  ACATs can help you decide which services you need. It's best to talk to your own doctor first to see if you need to be referred to an ACAT. Contact My Aged Care T: 1800 200 422
My Aged Care