Family support services
- The Albury community has a range of groups that provide support and activities for families such as Play Groups, Toy Library and other networks. For contact details please refer to the Albury Wodonga Community Guide.
- Albury Wodonga Regional Food Share is a collaborative service that addresses food insecurity among people experiencing hardship in our region. It's located at 55 Moorefield Park Drive, Wodonga. T: 02 6055 6979.
- Glenecho Community Centre provides support and referrals for food parcels and vouchers. It's located at 949 Burrows Road, Glenroy. T: 02 6025 9359
- Westside Community Centre provides support and referrals for food parcels. It's located at 16 Mulga Place, West Albury. T: 02 6041 2236
- Hume Riverina Community Legal Service provides free legal advice. The Service is based at Suite 5, 91 Hume Street, Wodonga. T: 1800 918 377
Grandparent carer benefits
- Grandparents who are their grandchildren's primary carers can apply for non-parent carer benefits from the Department of Human Services. T: 136 150
Family separation services
- The Department of Human Services Separation Services Guide provides important information about child support and separated parents.
- Call the 24-hour Child Protection Helpline to report child abuse and neglect: T: 132 111 (TTY 1800 212 936)
Family violence services
The following organisations provide crisis support and ongoing services for people who experience family violence:
- Call the 24-hour Domestic Violence Line to report family violence: T: 1800 656 463 (TTY 1800 671 442)
- Safe Steps (formerly Women's Domestic Violence Crisis Service Victoria) T: 1800 015 188 NSW T: 1800 656 463 (TTY 1800 671 442)
- National Sexual Assault, Family & Domestic Violence Counselling Line T: 1800 737 732 W: https://1800respect.org.au
- Albury Women's Centre offers counselling, court support, group work and referrals to a variety of health clinics. It's at 645 Olive Street, Albury. T: 02 6041 1977
- The Immigrant Women's Domestic Violence Service offers free services for women and families in situations of family violence. Interpretation is available in over 20 languages. T: 03 8413 6800 Free call T: 1800 755 988