Disabilities and access
Disability Inclusion Action Plan (DIAP)
AlburyCity's Disability Inclusion Action Plan was adopted by Council in June 2017. The aim of the DIAP is to effectively plan for and deliver on the diverse needs of people with disability in our community.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact our Customer Service Centre on 6023 8111 or via email.
- The Access Committee was formed by AlburyCity to bring to Council’s attention disability issues in the built environment. New members are always welcome, click here for more information. T: 02 6023 8111
Master Locksmith Access Key
- The Master Locksmith Access Key (MLAK) is an innovative system that uses a universal lock and key to allow people with a disability to gain access to public facilities 24 hours a day. People with a disability can purchase their own universal key from a local Master Locksmith (Master Locksmiths Association of Australasia (MLAA) member) for a nominal fee ($10 - $20). Proof of disability will be required.
Accessible facilities are located at:
- QEII Square (Dean Street, near the Art Gallery)
- Norris Park Oval
- Albury Botanic Gardens (Dean Street and Wodonga Place, opposite the Gardens Medical Centre
Missed Business Opportunities
Did you know that businesses ignoring the needs of customers with a disability are throwing away hundreds of millions of dollars a year in lost opportunity?
Almost 1 in 5 people in New South Wales live with a disability and, as the population ages, the number of people with a disability, and the average time for which they will have that disability, is likely to increase.
Businesses need to make simple changes to ensure they aren’t missing out. To help all businesses capture these opportunities, the NSW Business Chamber has developed Missed Business – A Guide to Attract More Customers through better Access.
Copies of the Missed Business Guide can be found at:
- Albury and Lavington Mobility Map
- Access to Premises booklet – phone AlburyCity Customer Service to obtain a copy T: 02 6023 8111
Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme (TTSS)
- The NSW Government offers a Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme. For further information go to Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme.
Ability Links NSW
- Ability Links NSW supports people with a disability, their families and carers. It provides a locally based first point of contact. Contact Intereach for further information 1/553 David Street, Albury T: 02 6051 7800
National Disability Insurance Scheme
- The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will become available in the local area from 2017.
Ability links NSW