Rural Lands Strategy for Table Top & Splitters Creek
The Rural Lands Strategy for Table Top and Splitters Creek seeks to provide a settlement pattern that will facilitate and achieve a coordinated approach to land development, both now and into the future and takes into consideration the following:
- Retention of suitable land for agriculture;
- Rural lifestyle development potential;
- Long-term urban development opportunities;
- Physical constraints and hazards;
- Efficient delivery of relevant services and infrastructure;
- Identification and resolution of any existing and future potential land use conflicts; and
- Delivery of a safe, efficient and integrated transport network.
The Rural Lands Strategy for Table Top and Splitters Creek will inform future planning decisions and will provide the framework for statutory planning controls, which will give local communities, developers and other investor's greater certainty and confidence about future development in the Table Top and Splitters Creek areas.
The Rural Lands Strategy for Table Top and Splitters Creek was prepared by a design team lead by Planisphere and has been based on extensive community consultation and feedback over a twelve month period.
Following the finalisation of the Rural Lands Strategy, AlburyCity will seek to implement the recommendations of this Strategy through an amendment to the zoning and minimum lot size provisions of the Albury Local Environmental Plan 2010 via a Council initiated Planning Proposal.
This Planning Proposal will be subject to a separate consultation and reporting process and will include any formal and informal consultation with relevant government agencies required to establish information requirements and address any issues or concerns raised.
Obtaining the documents
The Rural Lands Strategy for Table Top and Splitters Creek was endorsed by Council on Monday 26 October 2015, subject to a number of amendments. A copy of the final version of the Rural Lands Strategy documentation is available for download below.
- Rural Lands Strategy – Part 1: Executive Summary & Introduction
- Rural Lands Strategy – Part 2: Splitters Creek
- Rural Lands Strategy – Part 3: Table Top
- Rural Lands Strategy – Splitters Creek Settlement Plan (Map only)
- Rural Lands Strategy – Table Top Settlement Plan (Map only)
- Rural Lands Strategy – Main Report (Full)
- Rural Lands Strategy – Background Report (Full)