Commercial and Industrial Development

Find information and guidelines for commercial and industrial development.

  • glass and structured building

    Exempt Development

    There are a number of developments that do not require formal council approval as the nature of the work is considered minor. This can range from signage to temporary structures and building alterations.

    Read more about Exempt Development

  • brand new white house

    Complying Development

    Although your development may only be minor in nature, it may still require council approval. Find out if you require certification before commencing work.

    Read more about Complying Development

  • Application form

    Development Applications

    Before constructing a building, making any changes to a building or occupying premises you may need to submit a Development Application (DA).

    Read more about Development Applications

  • Builder creating roof frame

    Construction Certificates

    If you've been issued a development consent by Council, you must have a construction certificate before you can commence any building works.

    Read more about Construction Certificates

  • Plumbing & Drainage

    Find forms and information needed to undertake plumbing and drainage work.

    Read more about Plumbing & Drainage

  • two firefighters putting out a blazing fire

    Fire Safety

    As a commercial property owner or operator you have an obligation to ensure your premises meet. fire safety requirements.

    Read more about Fire Safety

  • Asbestos


    Find information about out how to remove and dispose of it safely when renovating.

    Read more about Asbestos

  • image of cooling tower

    Cooling Towers

    If you own or operate from a building with cooling towers it must be registered with Council.

    Read more about Cooling Towers

  • Related Forms/Guidelines for Commercial & Industrial Development

    Here you will find forms and guidelines associated with commercial and industrial development

    Read more about Related Forms/Guidelines for Commercial & Industrial Development