How do I make an application for a Construction Certificate?
It is important to provide all necessary documentation at the time of lodgement. This will ensure the application is processed and approved in the shortest amount of time possible. If the information is not provided, your application may not be accepted and will take longer to assess.
A Construction Certificate application must include:
1. Application Form (completed and with the consent of all owners)
2. Three (3) copies plans - plans must be legible and of a quality to enable scanning. (A4 or A3 size Plan, drawn to scale, are preferable however for larger developments A1 or A2 may be required). The plans should include:
- Locality Plan
- Site Plan (indicating all levels, existing structures & vegetation, nearest cross roads & a north point)
- Floor plan (existing and proposed shown separately)
- Elevations (labelled according to orientation i.e. North, South, East & West) and clearly demonstrate the works proposed.
- BASIX Certificate (BASIX Commitments must also be identified on plans) required for new residences, alterations and additions to residences over $50,000.00 and swimming pools with a capacity greater than 40,000L
- Sectional Plans (indicating detailed construction)
- Specifications Structural or Civil Engineering Drawings
3. Three (3) copies of other relevant documents (soil test, engineers computations, wind rating)
4. Full payment of fees (this may include the collection of the Building & Construction Industry Long Service Levy)
Note: If Construction Certificate plans are prepared before any planning issues are resolved (i.e. before Development Consent is obtained) plans may have to be redrawn to comply with the Development Consent before a Construction Certificate can be issued. This may result in additional time and cost to you.
Applications and accompanying documents can be lodged in person at our Customer Service Centre or can be mailed to AlburyCity at 553 Kiewa Street, Albury NSW 2640. Council aims to approve a Construction Certificate within 15 working days of lodgement, however if the application is a combined Development Application the processing time can be 20 working days.